Standard Operating Procedure…

We now continue Bob’s adventures (misadventures) on his first day of work at Footle. I bet you thought he’d never make it this far, did you?

Today’s a very special day, and I’m giving readers a very special deal. If you order Rebootus Maximus between 12:01AM EST and 11:59PM EST today (Sept 1st), I’ll include penciled art from my sketchbook.

It could be a panel from a PC Weenies comic strip or it could be three. But it will be an original piece of penciled art that I drew and used to make the strip. It’s a special keepsake from me to you. Make sure to indicate “original sketch” in the Paypal comments field when you order.

Order your book, before I regret my decision. :)

(…and it makes a great early holiday gift, too!)

-Krishna

P.S. I’m continuing my way through the backlog of pre-orders. Thank you for your patience!

P.P.S: Here’s what the original looked like (I changed panel 3 and 4 to improve the layout):

2009-09-01_pcw_old

About the author

Krishna Sadasivam creates custom comics and illustrations for organizations, magazines and companies. A champion of comics advocacy, Krishna speaks, blogs, and writes articles on illustration and sequential arts techniques and the importance of the comics medium in both education and brand awareness. His clients have included Microsoft, Mashable, Other World Computing and EE Times. His work has been featured on many notable websites, including TechCrunch, Gizmodo and CNET. His portfolio can be found at krishnadraws.com.

These beautiful and intelligent people wrote

• cadetReply
    September 1, 2009 at 1:04 am

How the hell did he get out of the SK’s truck?

• KrishnaReply
      September 1, 2009 at 7:36 am

A great question begs a great response… or a follow-up comic on that. Stay ‘tooned. :)

• chiguyReply
    September 1, 2009 at 8:39 am

Thanks for showing us alternate versions/behind the scenes. But, not being in the industry, I don’t understand how this “improves the layout.” Can you elaborate? Thanks!

• krishnaReply
      September 1, 2009 at 9:18 am

Panel 3 and Panel 4 from the alternate version show mid shots, and there’s a lot of extra space around the characters. I wanted to break the shots up for the last two panels by making them close-ups, so we can clearly see Bob’s reaction.

• Lynn K. FletcherReply
    September 1, 2009 at 11:05 am

Happy birthday, Krishna. The folks over at Art & Story outed you. http://audioboo.fm/boos/59753

• trinalinReply
    September 1, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Hope you’re having a great birthday! My day became all that brighter when Rebootus Maximus arrived in the mail today! Thanks, Krishna! Will try to get a photo of me, the book, and our town monument this weekend. :-)

• KrishnaReply
      September 1, 2009 at 3:52 pm

awesome, Trina! Glad it made its way to your home safe and sound! I mailed out another big batch today. :)

• dgriff13Reply
    September 1, 2009 at 4:45 pm

AIIIEEE! run away! Bad froogle, bad! Back to the serial killer’s car!

I agree, I dig the “alternate” strip, it’s interesting to see an artist’s “mistakes”, not that it looks terrible by any means, but it’s cool to see how you improved it.

• BartimaeusReply
    September 2, 2009 at 4:21 am

….why on earth does he NEED a proctology exam?!

• KrishnaReply
      September 2, 2009 at 6:01 am

Bart, tune in tomorrow for that answer…

• BenReply
    September 2, 2009 at 10:26 am

Happy birthday yesterday Krishna. I’ve really been enjoying your comic over the past year. Will you be at the Baltimore ComicCon?

Tell me what you think!