HELP! The Apostrophe Connundrum

I need your help in isolating a problem with the PC Weenies website. Some people have reported that the apostrophes in my blog posts are showing up as commas instead. I’m unable to replicate the problem, so what I’d like to ask each and everyone who reads these posts is the following:

Could you let me know whether or not you are seeing apostrophes replaced by commas in my blog posts? Could you also report back the OS, version and browser (and version) that you are viewing this post on?

Your feedback will hopefully help me nail this problem once and for all. (Google searches have been futile.)

P.S. The Owly photo above serves no purpose, but I felt compelled to share it because it’s cute. So there.

These beautiful and intelligent people wrote

• Martin T.
    October 18, 2011 at 11:52 pm

This latest message had NEITHER apostrophes NOR commas, so I can’t help you – yet.

And yes, the Owly IS cute, and IS appreciated!

– M.

• Jamie Gambell
    October 18, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I’m seeing comas.

• Krishna
    October 18, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Hmm, which browser (and version) are you using, Jamie? Also Which OS (and version) are you running? I’m looking for patterns to help me troubleshoot. Thanks!

• Martin T.
    October 19, 2011 at 12:01 am

Looks like I owe you an apology, NOT an apostrophe!

I see commas. Browser: Firefox 3.6.23, OS: Mac OS X (10.5.8).
    Owly: Still Cute!

– M.

• Tom Racine
    October 19, 2011 at 12:14 am

Seeing commas, even in people’s comment posts. Macbook Pro, System 10.6.7, Firefox. (Safari showed it too…don’t have Chrome.)

• timelawd
    October 19, 2011 at 12:28 am

Do not get this. All seems alright.
    Which apostrophes and commas?

• Scott Hall
    October 19, 2011 at 1:48 am

I’ve always seen the appropriate punctuation…
    Firefox 7 on Windows 7

• Miklós Márton
    October 19, 2011 at 3:01 am

Correct apostrophes for me. It might be a mac thing.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv: Gecko/20110628 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.18

• Kraicheck
    October 19, 2011 at 3:45 am

Everything is fine.
    Windows XP, Firefox 3.6

• Dan F
    October 19, 2011 at 3:59 am

Coomas/apostrophes look fine on iPad (iOS 5.0), reading in both MobileRSS and Safari.

However, the word conundrum has only two non-consecutive n’s.

• Michael Kinyon
    October 19, 2011 at 6:56 am

No problem with apostrophes and commas for me (Chrome, Windows Vista), but the font in which your blog posts (not the comments) show up is rather hard to read.

• Krishna
    October 19, 2011 at 8:03 am

Thanks folks. I’ve replaced Droid Sans with Varela. Could you re-test and let me know if everything looks okay. My suspicion now lies with the earlier font that I used for the body text.

• TonyJ
    October 19, 2011 at 8:18 am

On my Windows7 Enterprise machine, IE8, the apostrophes look fine as at 1317BST on Wednesday the 19th of Oct. (I’m not sure about the comas, coomas, and connundrums, though!)

• qka
    October 19, 2011 at 9:08 am

I was having the comma problem, but it seems to have corrected itself. Went thru some back comics to see if the commas were there, and no, they weren’t.

I recently installed the Safari 5.1.1 upgrade. I’d be inclined to blame Safari 5.1 – for me, it had other issues in the stability and memory usage area.

Running OS X Server 10.6.8, but that was upgraded at the same time as Safari.