Poll: Would you put stickers on your laptop?

The score so far

Originally uploaded by robertgaal

Why? or Why not? Me? I’m very protective of the casing – I like the clean look (but every now and then I wish I could grunge it up a bit). So, what about you? Answer in the comments below (and show off your stickered computer, if you’ve got one!) :)

-Krishna

These beautiful and intelligent people wrote

• Jack Beckman
    October 30, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Arrg! NO way!

• Simon Koldyk
    October 30, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Nope, not on my laptop especially since I usually end up selling it to get a new one, makes it harder to sell with all the stickers.

Although, I have my axio bag all done with stickers. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3252/2987256516_a87b08f4de.jpg?v=0

• Kuipo
    October 30, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Eww no way. Especially not an Apple, they are already so pretty. Why put stickers all over it? Not to mention that the resell value goes way down. I’m very good with my electronics. I don’t misuse them, or damage them, or drop my cellpho– *wham* … Dammit!

• ashish
    October 30, 2008 at 1:21 pm

oh yeah, especially since the laptop i had til recently was an IBM Thinkpad which looked so fugly without the stickers… :)

• Kevlar
    October 30, 2008 at 3:39 pm

I wouldn’t put stickers on my case, save for a professionally-made full-back skin. (Like GelaSkins or something, if I could afford it). Even then, I’d choose or make a design very carefully, so that it would be something I could live with for the life of the device.

Besides, I always think stickers everywhere will make it harder to get warranty repairs. It probably isn’t, but I’d rather err on the safe side.

• lawd
    October 30, 2008 at 5:38 pm

never !
    anyway, wouldn’t it melt ?

lol

• Brandon
    October 30, 2008 at 8:16 pm

I couldn’t get myself to put stickers on my laptop (if I had my own laptop). Laptops with stickers make me cringe. :)

• Terence
    October 30, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Need I say more :D
    Did wait till the warranty ran out though ;)
    Makes my laptop feel… Mine

• geekgrrl
    October 30, 2008 at 10:11 pm

I went with a Schticker: http://www.schtickers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=185 ; Decorative, yet easily removable should I decide I don’t want it anymore. :)

• Keith S.
    November 1, 2008 at 5:14 pm

I had stickers on my old Thinkpad, but I pulled them off (and cleaned the case with alcohol) before I sold it…it was only 2 or 3 though.

• Chris Flick
    November 3, 2008 at 12:24 pm

I sort of liken this to tattoos or bumper stickers on cars. I have seen some really cool tats on other people but just haven’t (yet) had the guts to get one myself.

And I’ve seen some really funny bumper stickers on cars but have never had a need, want or desire to put one on mine (although magnets are completely different though).

So, as far as laptop stickers go, I have to say, when it comes to OTHER people’s laptop, I think stickers are pretty cool. But no… I haven’t been able to even CONSIDER putting a sticker on my laptop and it’s getting up there in age (Mac iBook G4).

-Chris

• Darky P
    November 4, 2008 at 1:08 am

Yup! I love putting a sticker on the lappy. It’s like a tattoo though, a bit of thought’s gotta go into it. Not a fan of grunge stickers though.

For me, it’s all about a central theme…
    So, my last lappy (a MASSIVE 15inch Compaq) had the Brainy Smurf across the front, always got a cool reaction.
    This one, an Asus Eee PC 901, has a custom-made white Fisher-Price sticker for the shiny black lid.

• Dave Bergschneider
    November 4, 2008 at 4:17 pm

Stickers on my perfectly good piece of hardware…that Sacrilege…lol

• Kasey.
    November 14, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Seems like most people refuse solidly.
    Well, honestly, if your spending money on decorating your machine your a little too concerned with the look of it. I think we can all agree that if your going to spend money on your computer, it should be going -faster-

• Mal
    November 19, 2008 at 6:09 pm

I would and i do, but only very specific stickers viz:
    voided warranty and intrusion detection labels, especially if the laptop directly contributed to the voiding
    the sticky bit for testing dockets
    offensively reduced hardware pricetags
    so trophies more than stickers really

I hope to have it so covered in tat that it can be borderline waterproof (and thoroughly unattractive to casual thieves), but thats years ahead >.>

• abitdark
    November 20, 2008 at 4:32 pm

I would put them on a covering case, I would never put them directly on the laptop.